Orion was established in 2015 in response to strong market growth in the land development and infrastructure sectors. They provide a variety of engineering services including engineering design, project management, construction management, development services, and urban + regional planning.
One story at a time.
Building Orions Future Through Strategic HR
What We Did
- Developing and embedding a new capability framework
- Align capability framework to all job descriptions. At same time, set KPIs for each position.
- Build professional development planning scenarios + workshop so that planning is leader-led.
- Deliver professional development planning workshop to Exec team + people leaders.
- Individual coaching for leaders requiring additional support to establish PDP’s for direct reports.
- Designing + embedding your performance appraisal process
- Design of regular, informal performance management cycle with behaviour & performance measures. Build capability program & develop resources to support.
- Platform implementation, including:
- Platform selection
- Embedding maturity framework into platform, including capabilities + behaviours
- Building performance appraisal process into platform – ensuring these are more frequent + dynamic than biannual input.
- Comms plan established for rollout of maturity framework + appraisal process to the organisation
- Building your leadership capability through manager capability training – overall process, resources to support, how to have effective performance management conversations.
- Successful identification of an online performance platform and embedding the platform in the organisation;
- New capability framework created and embedded;
- Training of all staff in the new platform, capability framework and process;
- Ongoing HR Partner relationship delivered both virtually and in person.